When placing an order, we need to know the following items of information from you first:
* What date is the cake for
* What date do you plan to collect it
* How many people do you require it to feed
* Notify us of specific food requirements or allergies - we sadly DO NOT offer 'free-from' cakes.
We may need to know more depending on the type of order.
We also require a non-refundable deposit at thetime of enquiry, which is either payable by bank transfer or via PayPal, after which we will confirm your booking.
For any enquiries, detailed quotes or to place an order, please complete the Contact Us form and we will be delighted to answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to include anything that might be important, or anything that might be a little bit special, as this will help us to deal with your enquiry as best and as promptly as we can.
You can also enquire via our Facebook page - Please send a private message as comments on photos can get lost.
All orders are packaged with care in white boxes, ribbon and messages can also be added. Special gift boxes are sometimes available for occasions such as Christmas.
By placing an order with "CAKE! ...by Kate", either through our website, via Facebook, over the telephone or by any other you are agreeing to these terms.
* Customers should be aware that due to the presence of nuts in our kitchen there is a small possibility that all products may contain traces of nuts.
* Please remember that all cakes are hand-made and will therefore vary in shape and size.
* All photos displayed on this website, Facebook page or Twitter feed are the property of "CAKE! ...by Kate" and should not be used by any other party without prior permission.
* All cakes remain the property of "CAKE! ...by Kate" until paid in full & final settlement.
* Any issues with an order should be raised prior to taking receipt of item.
* Photographs of cakes and any comments or feedback may be posted on social network pages and website belonging to "CAKE! ...by Kate".
* Any cake ordered from a picture or photo of a cake produced by any other cake maker, can only be reproduced by "CAKE! ...by Kate" as our interpretation of that cake and will not be an exact reproduction.
* At least two weeks notice is required for your orders. It is recommended that you order well in advance due to the limited number of bookings available. You must confirm design, size of cake at the latest 7 days before collection - ideally before - this is so cake can be planned and an additional materials purchased. If we do not hear from you 7 days before cake is due, it will be assumed cancelled.
Deposits and Payments
* An order cannot be accepted until the required deposit has been paid (deductible from final balance) The deposit is non-refundable.
* Deposit is required at time of booking - if payment is not received your order will be cancelled.
Collection of orders is typically available from "CAKE! ...by Kate" Friday - Saturday 10am - 12pm, but collections must be by prior agreement (other times can also be available by prior agreement).
We will be in touch the week cake id due to confirm a time.
No responsibility is taken for the item once collection/delivery has taken place.
"CAKE! ...by Kate" is not responsible for contacting the client to chase payment, it is the responsibility of the client to ensure payment is made on time. Failure to make payment at collection/delivery will result in the order being cancelled and your deposit being retained.
All orders - cancellation of the order 8 days or more before the order is due for delivery/collection - deposit is retained.
All orders - cancellation 7 days or less before the order is due for delivery/collection - full payment retained.
EU Food Regulations
On 13th December 2014, the EU Food Information for Consumers Regulations (EU F.I.C.) came into force. These EU rules will be enforced in Scotland by the Food Information (Scotland) Regulations 2014 (F.I.R.). The EU law has listed 14 allergens that need to be identified if they are used as ingredients. They are: Celery, Fish, Mustard seeds, Cereals containing gluten, Lupin, Nuts, Sulphur dioxide, Crustaceans, Milk, Peanuts, Eggs, Mollusks, Soya and Sesame seeds.
Clearly, some of these are not relevant to cakes but please be aware that eggs, milk, nuts, gluten and others are used in my kitchen and some ingredients such as flour may have come into contact with others. For further advise please contact me directly.
Special dietary requirements ARE SADLY NOT catered for (such as egg free or gluten free) as some of the ingredients used in the kitchen may contain gluten/wheat, milk, eggs, so if you have any allergies or intolerances please let me know at time of ordering. Unfortunately, I cannot cater for severe allergies due to theunavoidable risk of cross contamination. Additionally, while nuts can be omitted in a recipe, they are used in the kitchen and I cannot guarantee that the individual ingredients were not made in a factory where nuts are used.
**Eg. Vanilla sponge contains - Eggs, Caster sugar, Stork, Self raising flour, Baking powder and Vanilla extract. Buttercream contains - Butter, Icing Sugar, Cooled boiled water and Vanilla extract.
Fondant icing (Sugar Paste Direct) contains - Sugar, Glucose, Water, Glycerine, Palm Oil, Mono-dygliseride, Gum Tragacanth, Flavouring, preservative - Potassium Sorbate. (this is vegatrian, vegan, no allergen, gluten free, dairy free, nut free.)**
Food Labelling Regulations 1996
Customers are advised that some of the cakes and flour confectionery sold on these premises may contain one, or more, of the following types of additives:
* Flavour Enhancers
Some of the 'Sugarflair' and 'Wilton' food colouring used may contain the following 'E numbers' that may have an adverse effect on activity and attention in children. Natural food colouring can be sourced where necessary:
* E102 Tartrazine
* E104 Quinoline Yellow
* E110 Sunset Yellow
* E122 Carmoisine
* E124 Ponceau 4R Blue
* E129 Allura Red
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) -
Important information regarding Cake by Kate and GDPR compliance.
From 25th May 2018, all businesses are required to be GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliant.
I am a sole trader and therefore both the data controller and processor.
Cake by Kate only takes note of your name, email address and/or contact number for your order purposes. I will also only ask personal information pertinent to your order. This again will only be used for your cake and never passed on. (Home or venue address may be taken for the occasional delivery.)
Order details are kept securely for tax/invoice purpose only, then destroyed accordingly.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers for tax purposes. Anyone wishing to know what details I hold, please get in touch.
Personal details are never shared with any third parties.
Messages on electronic devices are stored for reference for orders only. Electronic storage is secure and is not used for 3rd party marketing purposes or mail-shot type promotions.
Any customers wishing me to remove their contact details for potential marketing purposes, please let me know and I will immediately comply. I fully respect your right to be forgotten and will manage all data I digitally hold appropriately.
Messages I hold from enquiries whereby an order was never made will be deleted.
I take your privacy very seriously and your best interests are always at the heart of Cake by Kate.
Make a free website with Yola